Tree Pruning is an art which is based on scientific principles of plant physiology. Proper tree pruning takes education and skill. There are tree pruning standards in the arborculture industry which are set by the American National Standards Institute called ANSI A300. Improper pruning can misdirect new growth, causing the tree to become unbalanced and potentially hazardous. It can leave the tree stressed and susceptible to disease and insect infestation and even kill the tree.
Fall is one of the best times of year to prune your trees. Without leaves, tree structure is more visible and it is easier to see cracks and defects which can cause hazards. Basic tree pruning involves removing dead, damaged or structurally weak limbs to help the trees overall health. Basic pruning also reduces the risk of personal or property damage which can occur from limbs falling.
7 Reasons to have you trees pruned regularly
- Reduce risk of hazards by removing hazardous limbs
- Prevent maintenance issues and reduce fire hazards by trimming branches away from siding, roof and chimney’s
- Clear walkways and driveways for pedestrian safety and vehicular access by trimming or removing lower branches
- Increase production of flowering or fruit trees with strategic pruning
- Reduce the risk of trees falling during windy,stormy weather by reducing the crown load and wind resistance
- Increase tree healthy by pruning out dead branches
- Pruning during the dormant season is less stressful on the tree,especially if heavy pruning is needed
Fall is only a few months away so call today for a no-cost tree pruning consultation and we can schedule your tree work for September/October.